For Manulife Securities Advisors
TIP! Choose to Embed your video on your website
Embedded Videos: When adding video to your website, best-practices are to Embed the video on your page, rather than linking to it. This will allow visitors to watch the video from your website, without having to leave! Obtain the embed code by locating the "share" buttons of the video. Most often, Embed code will be there for you to choose. Copy this code, and paste it in to the proper area on your dashboard. Here is a quick video to show you how!
Adding Third-Party Video to your website
If you are adding video to your website that was created by third-party sources, you can add them through your Website Dashboard. Once added, send your page in for compliance review and your Sales Communications Compliance team will review, and approve or reject the video through the automated workflow process. Here are some great resources to find videos:
Adding your own homemade videos
COMPLIANCE APPROVAL: You must have compliance approval on all personal or home-made videos for business use.
Approval is through your dealerships compliance team and not through SiteForward or the Website Dashboard.
All videos need a transcript approved by compliance before you start production. This is a write up or word document of what are you going to say, or ask/interview.
You then email this transcript to MLS Sales Communications (compliance) for review and they approve the transcript and provide you with a reference number of the approval. This is important for auditing purposes and you should keep this approval confirmation.
** If you already made the video (Post-approval): You will still need to provide the video to MLS Sales Communications (compliance) to have it approved before it can be put on your website or social channels.
This will require you to work backwards a bit to still provide the transcript to the compliance team. You can hand write this yourself or use a third party tool that can do it for you. Your video will need to be uploaded to a streaming server for this (see below for posting tips).
Email the transcript, along with your video link to MLS Sales Communications for review and approval.
Once completed, and you receive your approval Reference Number from compliance, you may post your video on the website or social channels. You can email SiteForward to add this on your behalf WITH the reference number or PDF of the approval – OR – put the video in yourself through the DIY website Dashboard and upload the Reference number or file to the CHAT window dialogue box for compliance to reference in their review.
Storing the video online
For compliance to approve your original videos, they need to be stored on a video streaming platform that allows it to be “Unlisted” and not searchable. While you can upload videos to your website directly, video streaming platforms are recommended because they will ensure your website is not affected by the traffic or streaming bandwidth of the video. There are many good options, each with their own pros and cons. The two options below are our recommendations for solid platforms that offer extended features and ease of use while satisfying the compliance aspect.
1. Streaming Platforms - Vidyard
Vidyard is a relatively new streaming platform service but one that is taking the world by storm. They have an excellent platform that give you the benefit of different packages, great features and strong analytics. It has a more professional feel than YouTube and has also received a lot of high praise from Financial companies and other corporate companies for its easy to use platform and continuously improving features. A big pro to this is the control over recommended videos and advertising on your videos. It has a nice overlay feature, and even has plug ins to let you record and read from the screen directly in to the video maker and storage. Pretty cool. They also have EXCEPTIONAL customer service.
Check out Vidyards pricing plans
2. Streaming Platforms - YouTube
YouTube is another option for where to upload your videos for free, as it allows for these customizations and is built for streaming. It's been around a long time, and is generally a go-to for anyone making videos. Pro - easy to use, lots of automatic features, every one from kids to adults uses it. Cons: you have limited customizations, there is a lot of ads on it, and pops up with recommended videos that you have no control over. It can look unprofessional with all the activity on there, and customer service is more of a process and can get a bit frustrating.
Tips when uploading your videos.
- Create a channel if you don’t have one. If you plan to make more business videos, build your channel with your professional name and choose to make the channel unlisted, or non-searchable.
- Do not use Manulife’s name or logo for the channel or video name/titles.
- If you choose to put your title or credentials/designations on the channel information or video description, you must include your dealer approved name/titles, full Dealership name, disclaimers and legal entity names. These can be added below your video’s description so compliance can review this as well.
- Choose to make the video UNLISTED - but not private. This will avoid additional search functionality but still allow you to embed the video in the website, and link to it. (If you make the video Private viewers won’t be able to see it)
- In the video settings, “Remove Comments” capability from each video you post
- Follow typical compliance policies and rules that you would for any other marketing content. Same rules apply. Keep in mind that compliance cares about WHAT you say and imply - not so much WHERE you say it.
- Do not mention recommend or speak about any unapproved social media channels or websites. For example, our dealership has not approved Instagram for advisor use yet, so by mentioning that in your video, you will be asked for it to be removed.
- Leave the date off the video itself. This will be a lifesaver if you ever have to go back and forth with editing or want to repurpose your video. The streaming platform will list your date of posting automatically anyhow!
- Do NOT update, change or replace the video that has been approved by compliance with another one or an edited version. If you want to edit the approved video, send your revisions to MLS Sales Communications for review and approval first.
How to create a transcript of your video
Below is a link to a very easy transcript maker – free to use! Be sure to check it over, they aren’t perfect but it is a great place to start.